Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Milton keynes cookery school’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website or the student enrolled onto any of our courses.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Milton Keynes Cookery school prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Booking and Fees
- Payment for all courses must be paid in full for your place to be secured unless otherwise stated.
- Milton keynes cookery school offers an online booking service, once the booking form has been completed and submitted, payment in full received and the booking validated by us you will be sent confirmation of your booking via the email address you have provided.
- Receiving email acknowledgement of payment is confirmation of your request.
- For safety reasons we can only guarantee a place on any course to those booking in advance.
- All bookings are subject to the right to cancel in writing (by e-mail to us) within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date that you receive e-mail acknowledgement of the booking pursuant to the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Outside of this fourteen (14) day period all bookings confirmed by us are final and non-refundable.
- Medical information – Any medical conditions that any participant may have must be fully disclosed to the cookery teacher at the school.
- If you fail to attend the course there will be a charge to rebook for £25
- If you wish to change dates there will be a charge for £25
- You must comply with all rules and regulations issued by us.
- If we considers that you or the person you have booked onto a course have behaved in an unacceptable manner, we will be entitled to require you to cease to attend any course. If we are unable to reallocate your place, no refund of fees will be made.
- We make every effort to ensure the cooking workshops are as safe and
enjoyable as possible, however, please be aware that cooking may on occasion involve the use of potentially dangerous kitchen utensils and equipment including but not limited to knives, graters, peelers, hobs, ovens, food processors.
- We have a rigorous set of safety procedures including appropriate insurance in place to minimise the risks of any potential hazard but cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage that might occur during our courses.
- You must not bring any items of special value to our courses. We will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential.
- We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond our reasonable control.
Health & Safety
- A full risk assessment is carried out on a regulary. There is a trained first Aider on site.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are providing consent to our staff to administer any and all necessary first aid to anyone who requires it at any time.
- For safety reasons it is compulsory for all attendees to tie long hair back, wear an apron, flat covered toe shoes and comfortable clothing.
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure appropriate clothing is worn.
- Milton Keynes cookery school may from time to time take photographs of any Course, the use of this data is solely for the purpose of promoting and publicising Our Courses through literature, website and social media.
- Parents/guardians that do not wish for their child to be photographed must make us aware of this at the time of booking or in writing before the course starts (where possible we will inform parents/guardians at the start of a class).
- Milton Keynes Cookery School has Public Liability insurance with cover provided by Simply Business.
Programme Changes/ Covid restrictions
- You must follow all government recommendations and regulations, relating to the coronavirus pandemic before attending courses. If asked by our staff, you provide contact details or use the NHS Test and Trace app, and sanitise using the hand sanitiser provided.
- All attendenee's must carry out a LF test the evening before attending your course.
- Anyone who records a high temperature and is therefore unable to participate, but otherwise did not have coronavirus symptoms and had not been advised by the NHS to self-isolate, may reschedule their course at no additional cost within 12 months.
- In the event that We have to cancel a course due to covid an alternative date and time will be arranged or a choice to transfer to any other course for the same value will be offered. If you are unable to attend at the alternatively arranged time for medical reasons within the 12 month period a discretionary refund will be issued.
Policies & Procedures
- Copies of Milton Keynes cookery school policies and procedures are available upon request from Bhavna@mkcookeryschool.co.uk
- In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the service we provide then please in the first instance raise it with the teacher at the course. He/she will deal will the problem in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- If the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction then please write to us at Bhavna@mkcookeryschool.co.uk within 7 days of attendance.
- We take your views and complaints very seriously and will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Refunds will only be issued if MKCS is proven to be in breach of these Terms &Conditions.
- The information on this site is updated regularly. However, we hereby exclude any warranties (whether expressed or implied) as to the quality, accuracy, efficacy, completeness, performance, and fitness for a particular purpose of the site.
- These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between you and Milton Keynes cookery school.
- By booking a course with us you are acknowledging your full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and confirm that you have not relied on any other representation other than those contained within these Terms and Conditions.
- If any term within these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable by a competent Court then such term shall be struck out but the remaining terms within these Terms and Conditions shall continue in force to the full extent permitted by law.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.